Monday 10 March 2014

Our Last Summer (Katherine Velours, Birra Moretti Shoot)

Via Flickr:
Despite there being lots of portraits in my Photostream at the moment, I thought this shot from a weekend shoot with Katherine Velours might mix it up a bit.

UPDATE - I've rationalised to two versions; a processed B&W and this less processed colour version. Thanks to those who Flickr mailed and commented - and those who verbally critiqued!

I've been messing around with a free trial of Alien Skin Exposure 5, and thought this edit was rather fun. The colour seemed to work better, as the gold reflector that's lighting Katherine's left arm gives the feeling of the hard sunlight through the Moretti, to my mind at least.

The shot comes from a series experimenting with a re-shoot of an old Birra Moretti ad using a range of branded glasses. More to come as I get to process them. That will take a little while, as quarter end looms and work intensifies. Until then I thought a few non-portrait shots might mix things up - so expect them in the next few days.

Until then, I'm catching up and hoping everyone is having a fantastic start to the week!