Tuesday 14 January 2014

Doyouthinkhesaurus? (All In Camera Light Painting Girls Hiding From Triceratops), Rickmansworth Aquadrome

Via Flickr:
"What do you call a blind dinosaur?" You've probably heard that one, but if not... sorry.

This is another from my series in the flooded Rickmansworth Aquadrome. When I started light painting, I tried to draw painstakingly unique, perfect images for every scene I saw. It ended up that I shot very little, as it placed a huge burden of time and learning on every shot.

This summer I decided to focus on a few key characters, and building my repertoire from there. For some reason the pinup girl and triceratops are easiest for me to draw, and I'm really enjoying being able to shoot more often.

Thanks to everyone who Flickrmails me with questions about light painting - hopefully my answers have helped. I'm in the process of writing an article on the subject for (the excellent) Photophique which I hope to share soon.

My main advice is to get out there - I promise you that it is way, way easier than it looks and you'll get great stuff right off the bat.

Hope everyone is having an amazing week, and apologies for my slow catch up on Flickr at the moment. Work is busy... but I'm getting round slowly!