Friday 1 March 2013

Box Room (University of East London), Tower Hamlets

Via Flickr:
Despite a complete obsession with street portraits at present, I'm still shooting my usual long exposure stuff too. This is one from a night out in Docklands with Seitrams, looking across a puddle at the University of East London. The white balance in this was a bit of a challenge. In the end I just left it pretty much as shot - a dirty light polluted glow, slight green from all that fluorescent lighting. It feels somehow Soviet to my eye.

The low POV is just with the camera sat on the floor. Sitting your camera on the floor, with a cable release, is one of my favourite long exposure options and great for travel shots when you might not be taking a tripod everywhere.

Hope everyone is well and enjoying a bright end to the week!