Friday 20 May 2011

Seen Through Glass (Ornamental Fish Market), Harbin [Film Scan]

First off, it's been a long week and I've been catching up slowly - so apologies if you haven't seen much of me. Hopefully you've seen some of me; I've tried to get round everyone!

This is an old scan of one of my APS film shots. It's a lot messier in terms of composition and clutter than I'd normally accept, but I liked the character of it. It somehow fits Harbin though - all chaos and clutter and people staring bored at the mad as if it were the mundane. There's another one or two from this series I'd like to post too, and this is a neat scene setter.

We spent a year in Harbin in 2000-2001 as English teachers. An incredible place and an experience I'd recommend to anyone.

Hope everyone has had a wonderful week and is looking forward to a cracking weekend!